The ASAM Conference: The 51st Annual Conference: Innovations in Addiction Medicine and Science.
Executive Home Detox will once again be attending and exhibiting at the ASAM conference this year. EHD has been an attendee to the ASAM conference going back to 2009 and has frequently been an exhibitor. This year the conference will be held in Denver, Colorado, April 2nd to April 5th, 2020 at the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Conference Center.
Previous destinations for this conference have included; Orlando, San Diego, San Francisco, Baltimore, New Orleans and Austin. The ASAM conference frequently draws up to 2500 attendees, the vast majority are physicians active and interested in treating clients along the spectrum of dependence, addiction and pain. There are also attendees from the disciplines of Social Work, Nursing and Counseling.
Topics at this conference are plentiful and varied. Topics include;
- Opioid, Alcohol, Stimulants and Nicotine use and misuse with specific emphasis on Fentanyl, Methadone, Methamphetamine and Cocaine.
- Care in the Hospital, Transitional care from the hospital, outpatient care and office based treatment.
- Concepts of Motivational Interviewing, Integration of Self-Help, and Harm Reduction.
- Breakout sessions for like minded clinicians including Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, and a breakout session for Social Workers.
This year, Shayne Anderson, the West Coast Representative for Executive Home Detox will be managing the Exhibit at this year’s ASAM Conference. Stop by and see Shayne at Booth 308 (a great location). Executive Home Detox is proud to support ASAM through being an exhibitor. Bill Carrick, the founder and President of EHD has been an associate member of ASAM for over ten years.
Executive Home Detox focuses on both the acute treatment of a medical detox and the ongoing early recovery process. EHD combines evidence based practice with the willingness of the client to determine the direction of treatment. This is the science and the art of addiction treatment.
* Bill Carrick RN, MSN is an Associate Member of ASAM. EHD will often reach out to physicians affiliated or certified by ASAM or AAAP to assist in the treatment of addictions, including assistance with an alcohol home detox or home detox of opioid dependence. EHD appreciates working with physicians who actually enjoy treating clients with this affliction.