Alcohol Withdrawal Nausea
Alcohol withdrawal has many different signs and symptoms. An uncomfortable signs or symptom of alcohol withdrawal is a lack of appetite accompanied by nausea. This symptom is an indication of a significant dependence on the alcohol.
The lack of appetite accompanied by alcohol withdrawal nausea indicates:
- The stomach is not prepared to take in nourishment.
- The stomach lining may be eroded by the alcohol.
- The stomach lining is one of the first components of the body for the process of breaking down foods, if the stomach lining is absent or impaired, the body gives out a signal that it is not ready for food.
To even complicate the issue further many people experiencing alcohol withdrawal nausea continue to drink alcohol, because their stomach and noxiousness feel better after a drink. The alcohol bathes the stomach lining and initially soothes the ailment but continued drinking results in continued destruction of the stomach lining. Executive Home Detox strongly suggest you seek medical attention at this point.
Additionally, it is important to maintain fluids during this time of nausea and poor appetite. Sips of Gatorade, Powerade, Ginger Ale, or other mild liquids may assist in maintaining hydration.
Lack of appetite and nausea is one of many symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. Other signs or symptoms include:
- Anxiety, Restlessness, Irritability, and agitation
- Tremors, increased heart rate, transient hypertension.
- Trouble sleeping; possibly including intense dreaming and nightmares.
- Poor concentration, impaired memory and judgement
Indications of a more severe Alcohol withdrawal syndrome:
- Increased sensitivity to sound, light, and tactile sensations
- Hallucinations (See, Hear, or feel things not really there)
- Delusions, usually paranoid or persecutory
- Grand Mal Seizures; Tonic-clonic seizures.
- Hyperthermia or elevated fever
- Delirium with disorientation to time, other people, place, and the situation
Executive Home Detox has provided more live-in alcohol home detoxes than anyone else. We are now in our fifth year of providing private in home detox.