Alcohol Related Anxiety
The line “I need a drink” is often used by people who are high strung, who might have had a bad day, and they need something to relax themselves. Alcohol is an anti-anxiety agent for many. One of the symptoms of Alcohol Withdrawal is the opposite of this calming effect, it is alcohol related anxiety.
Anxiety is a feeling of unease. One definition is “fear of the unknown”. You may feel ‘somethings just not right’. Another definition is “impending doom”. Anxiety is almost always a precursor to a panic attack.
Alcohol related Anxiety alone would indicate a mild alcohol withdrawal syndrome. Anxiety coupled with other signs and symptoms would indicate a more involved and possible serious alcohol withdrawal syndrome. Some of these symptoms would include:
· (Anxiety Related) Restlessness, irritability, agitation· Lack of appetite, nausea and /or vomiting
· Tremor or shakiness, elevated heart rate, and elevate blood pressure.
· Trouble sleeping, intense dreaming, nightmares
· Poor concentration, impaired memory and judement
Indications of a more severe withdrawal syndrome:
· Increased sensitivity to sound, light, and tactile sensations
· Hallucinations (See, Hear, or feel things not really there)
· Delusions, usually paranoid or persecutory
· Grand Mal Seizures; Tonic-clonic seizures.
· Hyperthermia or elevated fever
· Delirium with disorientation to time, other people, place, and the situation
Executive Home Detox provides a private in home detox for clients who cannot or will not access conventional treatment.
Alcohol related anxiety.